This bowl of hot, Cajun spiced chilli beans by Abel & Cole (shown here with their original recipe of Chilli Cheese Cornbread) will set your night on fire.
- 2 chillies
- 150g yoghurt
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 400g mixed beans
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150ml cold water
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Warm a medium pan for 1 min. Add the onion and 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring now and then.
- Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds and white bits. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Dice the tomatoes. Halve the pepper. Scoop out the seeds and white bits. Roughly chop it.
- Add the chilli, garlic, tomatoes and pepper to the onion pan. Stir in 1 tsp Cajun seasoning. Drain the mixed beans and add them with 150ml water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, bring to a simmer, then turn down the heat and cook for 15 mins till thickened.
- Spoon the chilli into bowls and top with dollops of yoghurt. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves. Serve with chunks of the warm bread.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Serves: 2