- 200g dates, soaked in hot water for one hour
- 50g oats, plus extra to coat
- 1tbsp cashew nut butter
- Drain the dates then add them, along with the oats and cashew nut butter, to a food processor.
- Blend until they have formed a smooth, sticky paste.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for ten minutes – this will make it easier to roll into balls.
- Separate the mix into small portions, roll into balls and roll in the extra oats until they are fully coated.
- Store in the fridge.
NB I’ve also played around with adding cocoa, spirulina or goji berries and rolling the balls in chia seeds and/or desiccated coconut. This guilt-free base is so easy to adapt to suit your taste buds!
Makes: 8-9 | Prep: 20mins | Cooks: 5mins