Team this delicious classic with Christmas leftovers or summer BBQ favourites like this Mushroom and Lentil Salad. Either way, Matt Tebbutt‘s classic potato salad is hard resist. Even better, this salad and can be made the day before, chilled and then pulled out a few hours before serving.
- 800g small new potato
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers (optional)
- 2 tbsp cornichons, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise, or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 mins until just cooked, drain, then cool.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks, then throw into a bowl with the shallots, capers and cornichons, if using.
- Add enough mayonnaise to bind, then mix together the olive oil and vinegar and add just enough to give a little sharpness to the salad.
- Stir in the finely chopped parsley and serve.
If you or your kids don’t like the strong flavours of capers or cornichons, their both optional so just leave them out.
Prep: 20mins | Cook: 20mins | Serves: 6